More thoughts about the action research project…
So, Tuesday I spoke with some professors and my tentative research problem got shot down by several professors! I had Wednesday off and completely avoided thinking about the project at all. Then today, I spoke with Dr. Wiggins who suggested I get back on track with interviewing teachers, so yeah! I needed an ally on the ground here!
Here’s what we discussed: My research will be a pilot type study looking into the IB at OU program and how it meets its goals. I will study 9 teachers: 3 with IB awards from OU and teaching in an IB school, 3 with IB awards from OU and teaching in a non-IB school, and 3 traditionally educated teachers. I will use the goals of our program and look at how students feel they have met these, and if they attribute them to the IB at OU program… After describing examples of certain types of teaching, ask teachers where they “picked that up.”
What I need to think through:
What are the goals of the IB at OU program?
What do “we” expect IB teachers to do/be like? Is there a list of IB teacher characteristics? Should I get these from course syllabi?
Once I get some of these ironed out, I can start thinking about how to get data… interviews, looking at exit surveys, surveys…
How does this sound?
No comments:
Post a Comment